This was my first time trying to make these/ coming up with my own recipe, and I think these turned out pretty well!
- 4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (or Coconut Milk, or any milk alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 Scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Protein ( for about 80g protein, you may need less scoops for other protein brands)
- 2 cup oats (use a blender to turn them into a fine, flour like consistency)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 °F
- Mix the Mashed Bananas, eggs, oil, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl
- After those ingredients are mixed, slowly add in the oat flour mixture and the protein until mixed completely
- Pour batter into lined or greased muffin tins
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the muffins, and the come out clean.
Depending on what size pan you use, you can make between 12 and 36
I made 12 big muffins which came out to about 106 calories each, and 12 mini muffins (roughly 4 big muffins) which came out to about 35 calories each.
EDIT: I didn’t add any sweetener. 1) because I’m trying to wean myself off sweets, and 2)because my bananas were SUPER ripe. Feel free to add sweetener to taste if you need it!!
Super Clean Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe - protein packed!
Ingredients (4-5 servings):
1 medium onion, diced
2 pounds of asparagus, trimmed and cut in one inch pieces, remove the “woody part”
4-cups of chicken stock
1/2-cup Greek yogurt, nonfat or 2% fat
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBS of cayenne pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain. Reserve 2 cups cooking liquid from the boil.
2. Dice onions and sautee on high heat until slightly browned.
3. Transfer cooking liquid and asparagus to a food processor and puree until smooth. (If you don’t like biting onion, you can puree the sautee too. Otherwise just leave it to stir in by hand later.)
4. Combine asparagus puree with chicken broth in a medium stockpot and heat over medium until warm. Stir in yogurt, salt, pepper, onion, and cayenne. Serve!
Blend and freeze the following ingredients:
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 14 oz (1 can) almond milk
- 1/2 container vanilla Greek yogurt
this sounds wonderful! But I’d have to use coconut milk so I don’t die :-/